Saturday, December 09, 2006

Waddington's YOUNG LADY SEATED AT A VIRGINAL:

It's a real nice painting by Vermeer.



The interesting point is I found this on a table sale, locally. It's only 500 pieces, so it's no great mountain to climb. But it's a truly beautiful puzzle in both design and construction. It's a circular puzzle, which is so sweet. And all the pieces are totally unique in shape - one of the things that was truly beginning to grind on my nerves with all the Ravensburger jigsaws I'd done was the similarity of the pieces - it's really boring after three, four, five puzzles. This one took about a day to complete. It's a classy little corker.

1 comment:

Chad Goulding said...

Yay! Mike's Jigsaw blog is back in action!

I had a circular jigsaw once, & absolutely loved it. Its a nice picture with this one too. I've got a soft spot for those old paintings.